Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Working in radio

Ever since the age of 15 I have wanted to work in radio, I use to call up radio people and just talk to them on overnights. A lot of them were real cool to me. One in particular was Renee Vitale who use to work at 103.1 out of Lapeer, now she works for 96.3, and I think still teaches at Specs Howard. I just always had an obsession with it. I was lucky enough that Deminski and Doyle was cool enough to let me be a part of the show. It is surprising that Jeff didnt put a restraining order on me, as I use to call his office phone on a daily basis using my lispy homo voice just trying to have fun on his voicemail. Then two months or so into me doing the gay voice on the voicemail he started picking the phone up and asking what my problem was (not in an angry way) I then started talking to him in a normal voice, and he was always easy going and joked with me. I first met Jeff at the 1st auto show they did, and basically just asked him why he hated the word booger? The 1st contest I ever won was the biggest beer belly contest at Duggans on St Pattys day. I then won two tickets to Ozzfest with Rudx and the old producer Lee. Rudy was cool enough to let me come in and do static radio with him and that was one of the coolest things I Have ever done. my point is that I really wanted to pursue a radio career, and after all the bullshit I Have seen go on at CBS and now with Henson, I am so glad that I did not. I am still going to have my fun by doing a podcast show very soon.

No comments: